Niigata City Art Museum
As a place for not only the appreciation of art, but also the relaxation through art, the Museum was opened on 13th October 1985.The Museum aims at contributing to the creation and development of the local art culture.Having a nice environment with the emotional mood of Niigata reproduced through the ‘moats’ and ‘willows’ of Nishiohata Park, the Museum aims at being an ‘Open Museum’ loved by, and familiar to the citizens of Niigata.
9:30a.m ~ 6:00pm
Monday (in the case where Monday is a public holiday or replacement holiday, the following Tuesday will be taken as a holiday)
New Years holiday (from December 28th to January 3rd)
(Occasionally the holidays may be changed)
5191-9, Nishiohata-cho,Chuo-ku, Niigata City, 951-8556
TEL+81-25-223-1622 ; FAX+81-25-228-3051
|Class||Permanent Exhibition||Special exhibition|
|Regular||200yen (160yen)||The fee in brackets shows the fee per person when there is a group of 20 or more people||The fee depends on the exhibition|
|University & Highscool students||150yen (110yen)|
|Junior highschool & Elementary school students||100yen (70yen)|
- Paying to see exhibition also entitles you to see the permanent exhibition at no extra cost.
- Niigata City Art Museum’s permanent and special exhibitions are free of charge to people possessing a disabled person’s pass.
Special admission and facility fees
For fees regarding special viewing (such as taking photographs, copying paintings, copying objects, and close inspections) and the use of the Museum’s facilities, please apply to the administration office.
How to get the Museum & the Necessary time
- Taxi / From Niigata Station’s Bandai exit; about 10 minutes.
- Using Kan-etsu, Hokuriku, Ban-etsu Expressway / From the Niigata Chuo Interchange ; about 25 minutes.
- To Niigata Station / By the Joetsu Shinkansen from Tokyo to Niigata; about 2 hours
- To Niigata Airport / From Osaka; about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- To Niigata Airport / From Nagoya; about 1 hour.
- From Niigata Airport to Niigata Station; about 25 minutes by bus.